Priddy is a geographically large Parish situated high on the Mendip Hills above Wells in Somerset. Wholly within the Mendip Hills AONB, the parish stretches from Burrington Coombe in the west, Pen Hill in the east and from Harptree in the north to the Mendip escarpment in the south.
Priddy School, St Laurences Church and the Village Hall are located next to the upper village green and the village and surrounding countryside is popular with walkers, cyclists, horse riders and cavers visiting nearby Swildons Hole, one of the largest cave systems in the south west. A plaque showing the underground passages in relation to the village can be found at one end of the lower village green.
Priddy is famous for the annual Sheep Fair which was held on the village green since 1348 when it reputedly moved up from Wells because of the black death. The fair took place annually on the Wednesday nearest the 21st August. The future of the fair remains uncertain having been cancelled for a number of years
The population live in a number of scattered settlements including Eastwater, Nordach, Charterhouse and Yoxter with the greater number of people living in and around Priddy with it's historic village greens and hurdle stack.
More recently Priddy Folk Festival which takes place in July has become a popular attraction
The Parish Council formed in 1970 from the Parish Committee has seven members and a part time clerk.
Meetings are held 6-weekly at the Village Hall. See the provisional meeting dates in the Parish Council Meeting page, where you can also download agendas and minutes.